VA Mortgage for Purchase
What is a VA Mortgage for Purchase Loan
Our Veterans have given so much for our country and we are happy give back. As a way of saying thank you for diligent service in the military, Veterans Affairs has established the VA Mortgage to make home ownership easier and more affordable for our nation’s veterans. With the guarantee of the VA our Veteran’s have access to more affordable mortgages with easier qualifying requirements through a VA Mortgage.
Who is eligible for this loan?
In General you would be eligible for a VA Mortgage if you satisfy one of these requirements:
- You served at least 90 consecutive days in active service during wartime,
- You served at least 181 days of active service during Peacetime,
- You served at least six years in the National Guard or Reserves,
- You are the surviving spouse of a service member who died in the line of duty or as a result of service related injuries/disabilities.
What are the benefits of this loan?
The primary benefits of using a VA mortgage to purhase a new home include
- 0 Down payment
- No Mortgage Insurance
- Some of the Lowest interest rates available for mortgages
- Reduced Credit score and credit history requirements
- VA Funding Fee Waived for Veterans with more than a 10% disability rating