Cedar City: One of the Best Cities in Utah
I am a mortgage broker that specializes in Home Equity Conversion Mortgages, aka HECMs or Reverse Mortgages as you’ve likely heard them called. In 2016 I opened my own mortgage brokerage and named it Heritage Home Loans, dba Heritage Reverse Mortgage.? We specialize in Reverse Mortgages but offer all of the other primary mortgage products such as VA, FHA, Conventional, and Jumbo Home Mortgages.
Currently, we’re licensed in Utah, Colorado, and Nevada and I have clients spread throughout all of these three states.
Best Cities Article Series
I live in St George which is considered Southern Utah for most people in Utah. St George is 120 miles northeast of Las Vegas and about 300 miles south of Salt Lake City.
I believe St. George is the greatest city to live in, raise a family and eventually enjoy retirement. However, I’ve made a habit of asking clients outside of Southern Utah what they like about their city and I’ve learned there are some incredible places all over Nevada, Utah, and Colorado.
This Article is part of a series of articles I write to highlight some of the extraordinary places in various parts of the rocky mountains from Denver to Reno and the Wasatch Front to Las Vegas.
My Article today focuses on Cedar City Utah
I confess I’m a little biased toward Cedar City which is why I chose to write about it first. My bias is twofold:
- I lived in Cedar City from 2006 to 2012, so some of my greatest friends and memories are from Cedar City.
- More importantly, Cedar is where I met, ?chased?, and married my sweetheart Aimee, who grew up in a little neighboring community called Enoch Utah.
Cedar City’s current population is just over 30,000 people. Cedar is big enough to have the amenities you want but small enough that the traffic doesn’t make you crazy. The city sits at the base of a beautiful mountain range with a unique blend of colors ranging from the typical Southern Utah reds, oranges, and whites to the more rocky mountain feel of beautiful green of Cedar, Pine, and Aspen trees.
-Entertainment and Amenities
Surprisingly Cedar City has an incredible list of options when it comes to entertainment and amenities, such as:
- Brian Head – Just 30 miles up the mountain is Brian Head which is a full-service ski resort. Brian head also offers Snow tubing in the winter and plenty of hiking and biking in the summer.
- National Parks – Within roughly, a 100-mile radius of Cedar City are Zion National Park, Capitol Reef National Park, Bryce Canyon, The Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, and a slew of other beautiful parks such as Cedar Breaks.
- Southern Utah University – I myself am an alumnus of SUU and would recommend it to anyone. SUU is one of the fastest-growing schools in the state and the staff and facilities are incredible.
- Utah Shakespeare festival – One of the premier Shakespearean theaters in the nation and recipient of multiple awards. Awards include the Tony, National governors association, and an Emmy. Annually the Festival attracts visitors to the area that end up falling in love and relocating permanently.
- Weather – The great thing about Cedar City Weather isn’t the weather itself so much as it is the location. Cedar City weather is typically cool like the rest of Utah but a quick drive south to St George brings temperatures that range 10-20 degrees warmer. This is nice depending on the season of the year and could take you from snow and ice to clear and warm or from hot and miserable to cool and comfortable. This temperature change is why a lot of my retired clients relocate to either Cedar City or St George.
I hope you’ve liked these highlights of Cedar City Utah. Call me if you’re relocating and need a trusted Mortgage Lender to answer your Home Loan questions. I specialize in HECM Reverse Mortgages but I have many years of experience with all types of Home Financing options.
For More Information
Learn more about Home Equity Conversion Mortgages, by watching my video “Reverse Mortgage Facts and Strategies” on youtube. You’ll be surprised with what you didn’t know about the new HECM guidelines effective October 2, 2017.
Call today if I can do anything to help you or someone you love.
President – Reverse Mortgage Specialist
Heritage Reverse Mortgage
Heritage NMLS #1497455 Trevor?s NMLS #: 267962
1060 South Main Street Bldg. A Suite 101B
St George Utah 84770